Barhale’s roots are in tunnelling, our founder and chairman started his working life as a tunneller, and as a result we have been providing leading edge, innovative and safe tunnelling solutions to our clients for over 35 years. Barhale is an industry leader in micro-tunnelling, shaft sinking and all forms of underground construction, including:
- Micro Tunnelling, Tunnel Boring Machines, Spray Concrete Lining and Traditional Hand Dig Systems.
- Scoping, feasibility, lifetime design and cost evaluation.
- Tunnel re-lining and refurbishment.
- Structural re-lining using a high performance 100yr+ design life system.
- Tunnel survey and structural analysis.
We provide a fully integrated service covering all aspects and methods of tunnel installation including our own tunnelling equipment, we own and operate a fleet of Iseki and Ackerman Tunnelling machines. We provide technical assurance and expertise through our in house engineers and specialists, guaranteeing successful project delivery through careful planning and well-managed processes.
We regularly share best practice and innovation with the wider industry through organisations such as; the UKSTT (United Kingdom Society for Trenchless Technology), the BTS (British Tunnelling Society and the PJA (Pipe Jacking Association). Barhale have driven numerous advances in the tunnelling sector; many of which have been embedded into industry guidance and best practice documentation such as; the HSE/PJA Guidance for designer’s and BS6164 (Health & Safety in Tunnelling).