Updated COVID-19 Statement18th May 2020
As one of the UK’s leading civil engineering businesses, we have been at the forefront of efforts to maintain the UK’s national infrastructure. Since the start of the COVID-19 situation, our teams have been designated key workers and across the country they have been undertaking critical work on projects which keep the power on, the water flowing and toilets flushing.
We would like to thank all our employees for their continuing hard work to maintain the resilience of our national infrastructure during this difficult time.
At all times, the health and wellbeing of our people, their families and the general public is our top priority.
To that end, we have both carefully followed government advice and also introduced enhanced measures. We have established a best practice model, which has been implemented on all live sites and will be extended to new and re-opening projects to ensure that we safeguard health and safety.
The following measures have been put in place:
- Social Distancing Marshals ensure the current rules are being adhered to
- Additional PPE, including for close proximity working where team members are not able to maintain 2m distance
- Increased hygiene initiatives, such as additional hand washing stations
- Temperature readings for employees on arrival to site
- Deep cleaning, rigorous self-isolation and testing of team members where an employee has tested positive, testament to our workforces’ caring and responsible attitude
Moving forward, we will be taking a gradual and planned approach to returning to offices and reopening sites, risk assessing to guarantee that we put the safety and wellbeing of our staff first. As we see the easing of lockdown restrictions, these measures will be extended across the business to safeguard the health of our people and the public.
In the meantime, our thanks to all those we work with, whether it be our enabling and delivery teams, clients, partners, suppliers or any other colleagues across the sector and our best wishes to everyone to stay safe and healthy.
We will continue to share information as things progress, here, on the Barhale website and across our social media channels.