Barhale operates across the energy sector in accordance with our Three Pillar business model of sustainability providing our Clients with services in both the live and isolated energy environments, as described below:
Distribution: All civil works associated with substation; construction, refurbishment, demolition and equipment removal.
Power Generation: All civil works for the thermal and renewable installations and modifications.
Transmission: Civil works for new extensions, refurbishment or existing assets and to provide flood defences.
Barhale applies its civil engineering expertise working together with technology partners, to achieve a total solution. Whether working independently as a direct contractor or in partnership with specialist suppliers, Barhale works collaboratively with its customers to develop cost effective solutions, shorten construction periods and reduce whole life maintenance costs. Our specialist solutions to the sector include:
- Safety driven delivery approach, focused on engagement through behavioural safety
- Excellent record of working in Customer’s own operational ‘live’ environment, including meeting their Electrical Authorisation Procedures
- Experienced and disciplined at undertaking tasks in safe and environment sensitive manner, in accordance with pre-planned risk assessed, approved procedures and method statements
- Experienced in working in a multi-disciplinary environment, where the customer may have multi-contracting entities working concurrently on the site
- Robust stakeholder management to ensure safe, seamless and responsible outcome
- Understanding of Regulatory businesses and the need for outperformance of the Client Business Plans lodged with the regulator
- Direct labour model ensuring Barhale Values are embedded and robustly applied
- Experience in the use of shaft sinking and tunnel drives for cable tunnels
- Flood defence resilience measures to critical installations
- Understanding of the essential security and emergency requirements on site