- Sector:Water & Utilities
- Client:Thames Water, Crossrail
- Location:Paddington, London
Barhale were contracted by Thames Water and Crossrail to re-lay a Victorian Cast Iron trunk water mains in Sussex Gardens, Paddington, West London. This work was necessary for settlement mitigation as a result of the Crossrail TBM passing under the area in late 2012. Barhale were awarded this work due to their experience of working with large diameter trunk water mains.
Phase 1 of the work consisted of:
- The slip lining of 50m of 15’’Cast Iron (CI) pipe Water main with PE plastic pipe.
- The slip lining of 50m of 36’’ CI pipe Water main with PE plastic pipe.
- The slip lining 50m of 21’’CI pipe Water main with PE plastic pipe.
Interesting fact- The 36’’ water main has 16million litres passing through it every day.